5 Tips for Holiday Travel With Kids
Are you planning a holiday road trip with your family this winter? If you’ve ever made a long journey with your little ones in tow, you know firsthand just how stressful traveling with kids can be. Stay safe on the roads this holiday with these essential tips for traveling with children.
- Leave yourself plenty of time. When you’re traveling with kids, everything will take a little more time. From packing up the car to making sure everyone is buckled up, remember to leave yourself plenty of time to arrive at your destination safely.
- Travel light. Some families have a tendency to bring everything their children use at home with them when they travel. Unfortunately, this only increases the chances that a favorite shirt or toy will get lost in the shuffle. Travel as lightly as possible, especially if you’re only visiting for a weekend.
- Bring plenty of snacks. If you’re already pressed for time, the last thing you want is to spend 20 minutes in a crowded McDonald’s drive-through for lunch. Bring plenty of portable snacks with you to eat in the car. Granola bars and carrot sticks are two healthy options that don’t make a mess.
- Rest well the night before. Tired kids are cranky kids! Enforce a strict bedtime the night before you travel to limit grumpiness the morning of your trip.
- Ride off in a safe vehicle. If your vehicle has recently been involved in an accident and you haven’t gotten collision repair in Bensalem, PA, yet, you might be putting yourself and your family at risk. Make sure you have your vehicle serviced, and you fill up your tank before you head off.
Does your vehicle need a tune-up before the holidays? Peruzzi Collision Center is a full-service auto body repair shop near Bensalem, PA, offering everything from minor dent repair to complete steering wheel replacements. Give us a call today to learn more!