5 Tips for Making Solo Winter Road Trips
Traveling during the winter can be especially dangerous for solo travelers. Before you hop on the road, use these five winter safety tips for those traveling alone to arrive at your destination safely.
- Repair your vehicle beforehand. If you’ve been in an accident, then your vehicle may be harboring damage that’s invisible from its exterior. Call for collision repair near Levittown, PA, to ensure that your car or truck is road-ready at least a week or two before you’re hoping to leave.
- Tell someone when you’re leaving. Before you leave, tell someone where you are going and what time you believe you’ll arrive. This will give your loved ones a time frame to call for help in the event that you are stranded or your car breaks down.
- Fill up often. Did you know that gasoline can freeze? It’s true! Gasoline has a higher chance of freezing if there’s only a bit of gas in your tank—so make sure you stop for fuel often and never let your tank drop below half a gallon.
- Pack the kitty litter. If your car veers off the road or gets stuck in a slippery patch of ice, cat litter or sand can be sprinkled behind your wheels to add traction. Pack a resealable plastic bag of cat litter before you leave—you never know when it may help you out of a bind.
- Use your low beams in a storm. If you get caught in a snow shower, it can be tempting to turn on your high beams. However, high beams can reflect off the snow, actually making it more difficult to see. Always use your low beams in storms.
Before you get on the road, pay a visit to your local auto body repair shop near Bensalem, PA to make sure that your vehicle is ready to brave the winter weather conditions. If you’ve recently been involved in an accident and still need to repair residual damage, call Peruzzi Collision Center today at 215-375-7929. Our team will get your ride ready to handle whatever the winter season throws at you!