5 Things You Absolutely Must Have in Your Vehicle’s Emergency Kit
Now that winter snowstorms are right around the corner, it's about to get a whole lot more dangerous to drive on the roadways of Pennsylvania. Freezing rain can obscure your vision, while nefarious black ice patches can cause drivers to slip and slide off the road and cause you to need collision repair in Levittown, PA. Part of staying smart this winter is knowing what to do in the event of an emergency.
Building an emergency kit for your vehicle can potentially save your life if you are involved in a crash or find yourself caught in a snowbank. Five things you absolutely must have in your car's emergency preparedness kit include:
● A spare cell phone and car charger. Make sure that you never leave home without your phone or you store a spare working cell phone and charger in your kit. Make sure the charger is compatible with your vehicle's charging port!
● Warm gloves and socks. Your fingers and toes are highly susceptible to frostbite. Make sure to keep them warm by carrying a spare set of toasty gloves and socks.
● Kitty litter. If you've ever gotten your vehicle stuck in the snow, you know that wheels tend to spin without going anywhere when caught in a slippery situation. Kitty litter or sand can be sprinkled behind tires to provide the traction you'll need to get the car going.
● A flashlight with batteries. If you're caught in a snowbank, a flashlight can help you signal for help during the night.
● High-energy snacks. There have been reports of drivers trapped for days in their vehicles after an accident. Make sure your emergency kit includes a few non-perishable, high-energy snacks like protein bars or raisins to keep you full and focused in the event of a long-term situation.
If you do find yourself in an auto-accident this winter, don't hesitate to get collision repair in Fairless Hills, PA as soon as possible. Keep the number for Peruzzi Collision Center saved in your phone in the event of an emergency and remember to keep yourself and your family safe on the road this season!